Monday, September 22, 2014

"The Best Yes" Author Chat with Lysa Terkeurst


Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. — Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)


Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul? 

I am the worst blogger! And, Lysa's right... it's mostly because I am overwhelmed with all the busyness of being a full-time single mom (the hardest-BEST job in the world!) with a full-time job! I should have posted this blog a month ago, but I've let my little blog gather dust over here instead. The other day I picked up The Best Yes again and remembered this great conversation we had that I'd love to share with you!

It was such a treat to chat with author Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries on FaithGatewayLIVE. If you don't know Lysa, she is a wife to Art and mother of five like me, including two adopted sons from Liberia, Africa. She’s a teacher, a preacher, and she serves and encourages women all over the globe through P31. Among many titles, she’s the author of Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, Leading Women to the Heart of God, and one of my personal favorites Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions.

Highlights from the Author Chat: 



  • The 3 steps to unrush your schedule 
  • How not to miss sacred, God-ordained moments! 
  • The 2 Most Powerful Words 
  •  How to avoid "Analysis Paralysis" 
  • The 5 Parts to Making a Decision 
  • Making wise choices 
  • The "Small No" is a good gift to ourselves as well as others 
  • Enjoying the unrushed life

No comments:

Post a Comment